From April 11-13, 2018 MoKS hosted first year students of Interior Architecture from the Estonian Academy of Arts for an intensive workshop on sound and listening by John Grzinich. Working with the crossovers between sound and architecture has been an active topic since 2011 when MoKS was a co-organizing partner for Tuned City Tallinn. Topics included, sound and the environment, soundscapes, spatial perception, architectural acoustics, performativity and sound design. As is often the case, Mooste provided a suitable backdrop and environment in which to explore (we were lucky with the weather too). Photos by Evelin Kruus and John Grzinich.
MOKS 2016 Yearbook is available for viewing or downloading at ISSUU.
The yearbook was compiled and edited by Evelyn Grzinich with the help of John Grzinich and many of the artists themselves. The layout and design was done by Agnieszka Pokrywka.
At MoKS basement.
Clay workshop for those who want to make ceramics independently is available on Thursdays from 5pm until 9pm. For additional information call Piret Uus +372 5665 8117
Serigraphy facilities available for artists-in-residence. Also serigraphy workshops, by Evelyn Grzinich. For additional information call +372 5138 599
for artists, curators, designers, organizers, researchers...
MoKS Annual Project Residency program is aimed at supporting and assisting a visiting artist to develop a medium to larger scale project over a period of 6 months to one year. The end goal of each residency will be a public presentation of the project in some form be it an exhibition, performance or concert series, festival, symposium or film during the summer season (June-August). Although this type of residency is unique, the format is open and flexible enough to accommodate a wide range of ideas projects and activities.
MoKS has operated since it founding in 2001 with a continued emphasis on public exposure, community involvement, participatory formats and environmental interventions (temporary and permanent). Much in our surroundings has evolved over the years but our commitment implementing creative ideas and artistic culture into rural life remains.
For details about the MoKS residency and its environment please see: http://moks.ee/pages/residency
To apply, please send us the following by August 20th 2016
- project proposal (1 page outline of concept and implementation)
- project budget (estimated)
- brief bio/CV (1 page)
- Applicant must be resident of Nordic- Baltic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Åland, Latvia or Lithuania)
- Multiple visits are possible (we request total minimum stay of 1 month although longer visits are encouraged)
- Studio and accommodation provided
- Travel costs covered ( up to 200€)
- Stipend 1000€ + production costs 500€
- If the project gets accepted, support for 2 additional artists is possible (grant 700€, travel costs up to 200€ and production costs 500€). Again we request minimum stay 1 month (longer stay is possible and multiple visits encouraged)
- Residencies can be arranged from October 1st 2016 and run until December 15th 2016 and continue in 2017 from March 1st throughout spring with expected outcome presentation in summer 2017
- Should the project be accepted we are open to discuss finding additional production funding to carry on the proposal.
Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions moks_at_moks.ee or call us +372 5138599 or visit us in Mooste.